Sunday, November 28, 2010

Riser mods finished up (and a rattle?)

When we left it last night the risers had been chopped and drilled. But they still needed a collar/shoulder set up to hold the vibration damper. Also the shaft of the bolt needed to be beefed up a bit to mimic the original shafts.

Step One: Rig up a jenky grinder/cutter. Used a hole-saw to get the process started and then my cutter to cut off the excess.

Here is the riser with no collar/shoulder set up.

And here it is with the collar/shoulder.

Set on the bike to just to see how things are coming along.

Starting to look good, in my opinion.

Next to beef up the shaft. I couldn't find a spacer that was exactly right, so I found the closest one they had at Lowes. Then put that on the cutter. Squeezed it together. Cut it again. Squeezed it again. Almost perfect.

Then grind off the pinch point. Damn dude, like factory!

Put the risers on the bike, put the handle bars into the risers. Hellz yeah.

Man, that looks good! But I gotta lower the rear next payday - that fo sho!

I've heard about making cut-outs in the tank for the super low bars. Now that I have a scratched tank, I understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment