Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dry lube?!?!

Me: My throttle is kinda sticky with the new riser/bar set up. What's going on?

Interwebs: You're cables might be kinked.

Me: Okay, I checked - that's not it. I did notice the paint on the bars was uneven, so I sanded that. I also noticed two separate pinch points - sanded those as well. It's better, but still not right.

Interwebs: Well, a lot of people will tell you that you don't need it - but there are those that will recommend a "dry lube" like powdered graphite. Using a "wet lube" will cause dust and dirt to become trapped.

Me: Dry Lube? Powdered graphite? Does that stuff really work?

Me: Uh ... YUP!

Powdered Graphite Lubricant by The Hillman Group. Just over two bucks at places like: OSH, The Home Depot, Lowes and Ace True Value to name a few.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment